[Rhodes22-list] Furlers - CDI or GB

William P. Barry, III wp.barry@att.net
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 18:11:26 -0500

July:

    We have had both: one on our 1994 recycle and the CDI on our 2001. We do
not change sails. we only own a 120 genoa. As I am usually the one to raise
and lower the mast, I prefered the GB model above the CDI. As long as
changing sails is not an issue take the GB. Makes raising and lowering the
mast that much easier. As for changing sails, if its a must, go with the
CDI. That is the only advantage that we found.
    Will Barry
    S/V Bulldog

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julie Thorndycraft" <julie@circle7.net>
To: "The Rhodes 22 mail list" <rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2003 1:44 PM
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Furlers - CDI or GB

When we get our recycled Rhodes, we have the option of either getting the
CDI furler or the one created by General Boats. I'd like to get some
feedback from those of you on the list who have experience with either or
both. We will be trailering the boat frequently and both Elton and Stan have
indicated that the GB one is easier to tie down but that it will not allow
you to change sails with the mast up - at this point that is not a big issue
because we will only have one genoa (175%).

Are there other pros/cons for either?
Repair/maintenance issues?
Ease of rigging?

Thanks in advance for your advice,