[ham] [Rhodes22-list] sail tear

Michael Meltzer mjm@michaelmeltzer.com
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 20:58:33 -0500

send them into sailcare, http://www.sailcare.com/, their is a chance that the fabric is so blowout that no patch will hold, they
will be happy to tell you and give them a recondition, sounds like they need them.

MJM

----- Original Message -----
From: "gene phares" <shoejg@yahoo.com>
To: <Rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2003 8:26 PM
Subject: [ham] [Rhodes22-list] sail tear

> sorry, I brought my 'new 1993" precision 18 home today. I bought it to learn to sail. in about 2 years I'll get a tow vehicle and
a rhodes 22. till then, my main sail has a 3/4 inch hole and my jib has a 5"rip. my honey has a machine that will handle the
material. can I just zig zag stitch them or must I use some kind of "???sail repair cloth????" as a backing? thanx and if you see a
P-18 pulling up to you in the Chesapeake or Lake Champlain, it'll be me and I'm still a wannnabe rhodey. don't give up on me Stan
and Elton.