[Rhodes22-list] Tom D: how's the boat sit when covered with s now?

Gardner, Douglas L. (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner@lexisnexis.com
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:06:15 -0500

Tom,
Don't know when I'll make it back to bmore.  My conference this year is in
Ft. Lauderdale and another (if I get clearance to go) in Denver.  Sometimes
get out there for research trips, though!  I'll be sure and look you up.

Keeping a boat in the water over the winter is a new concept for me, but
sounds like you've got it covered.  You sure do have a nice place to keep
her!

re: your water-in-the-laz issue...  I sometimes have that problem with the
boat on the trailer.  I'm not absolutely certain, but I think my problems
have been caused by an ice blockage somewhere in the seat drain hoses.  The
sun hits the exposed snow on the seats and it melts. Unfortunately, with the
seat drain hoses either blocked or partially blocked, the water has nowhere
to go except into the laz. It is hard to check, though, because by the time
I notice the hoses are warm and clear.

Just a thought, but you might consider another bulb back there in the laz.
I'd be a little leary of a short, though.  wouldn't want a bulb or extension
cord sitting in a puddle!

--Doug