[Rhodes22-list] Flag etiquette (non-political content)

Jay Friedland a.jayf@verizon.net
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:45:46 -0500

List members-

Hopefully , this is seen as a  non-political, non-controversial
question. The timing coincides only with my mast being down and
possibly adding to the backstays.

Is there any favored or appropriate location for US flag for the R22?
Chapman's talks about mounting the flag on the leech of the mainsail (a
problem with IMF) or on its own staff for sailboats, but my stern is
almost full now.

Is a location on backstays ok? Just curious, as I was thinking of using
two nicropress fittings for two cotter rings on the backstay to a
reachable height for mounting. Previously, I raised it on the topping
lift to 2/3 height from deck, so it was easy to mount and remove, but I
was cautioned as it not being correct. The suggestion was never made as
to what was correct though.

Thanks,
Jay