[Rhodes22-list] Flag etiquette (non-political content)

mltroy mltroy@netreach.net
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:23:08 -0500

We fly our Swan Creek Sailing Association burgee and our
Maritime Museum burgee from a flag halyard mounted very much
like Roger's. They don't get in the way at all.

After reading a lot of US flag etiquette (Chapman's etc.,
etc.) we decided to fly our flag from the stern. They can be
kind of prim and proper about such things down on the bay.
Must be the proximity to Annapolis ;-).

We went with a stainless mount but I suspect if you did that
you'd have to go with the teak. You can see ours in that pic
that the Kaynors took at
http://www.kaynor.org/rhendezvous/mdscf0005.jpg

Mary Lou