[Rhodes22-list] Hey Wally, Your End of the State is Behind

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Fri, 03 Jan 2003 11:28:13 -0500

>Wally, I went to the Liberty Bowl NYE with a friend.
>We sat ten rows up on the fifty-yard line, listened to
>Cybal Sheppard butcher the National Anthem,

Brad,

I am surprised they didn’t hire an Elvis impersonator to sing the National
Anthem, they could use a Red, White and Blue velvet flag!

I don't understand what is going on with the National Anthem these days. It
seems that the new "artists" want to sing it their way and always wind up
butchering the anthem. I realize Cybal is a local celeb but what makes
people think she can sing? Heck I don’t even think she can act. Before you
know it they will have a rap version with a bunch of sampling and mixing
added.

Wally