[Rhodes22-list] UPS (sail) Question

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Fri, 03 Jan 2003 11:45:06 -0500

Tom,

The nice thing about the Harken furler is that headsail changes are very
easy. It is not a whole lot different than hanking on a sail and hoisting. I
may check on this and let you know what I find out.

My boat came with a spinnaker and pole but none of the needed lines (up
haul, down haul, sheets & halyard). Because I wasn't working I passed on the
expense of ordering the lines and decided not to mess with the Spinnaker the
first year. I never even pulled the sail all the way out of the bag until a
week ago. I was surprised to find that I also had a sock for the sail and it
looks like it has never been used!

Anyway I am pricing line now and this UPS talk got me to thinking about
putting the money towards the sail instead of line. The sail costs more than
the line but if I got more use out of the UPS than Spinnaker …well you know,
decisions, decisions……

Wally