[Rhodes22-list] Wally's Spinnaker

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 09:15:59 -0500

Wally:
      Which kind of spinnaker is it?  Symmetrical or Asymmetrical?  A
lite weight symmetrical spinnaker is not hard to play with.  What are
the measurements of your spinnaker?
	If you want to try it out, you don't need a spinnaker pole.  You
only need sheets and a halyard.  Last year a guy who sold his race boat
was trying to sell some spinnakers that the buyer didn't want.  I
measured the distance from my bow pulpit to the top of the mast and
figured out that it was a reasonable fit.  Bought one, raised it and it
worked fine.  In fact in light wind I was surprised how good it did
work.
	Does the top of your mast have a spinnaker boom?  If yes all you
need is a block with a halyard to try it.  To quote Roger, 'Its not
rocket science'.
                                    Ed K