[Rhodes22-list] Escape from Experiment Island

rhendy rhendy@earthlink.net
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 13:19:58 -0500

Okay, my wife says I need to let everyone know.  So here it is.

Last summer I participated in the filming of a new BBC Television series on TLC called "Escape From Experiment Island."  It is sort of a cross between Junkyard Wars, McGuyver, and Gilligan's Island.  Two teams compete to build an escape vehicle to escape from the isolated island.  We shot episode #2 (Hovercraft) over a one week period in July of 2002.  The show will begin this Wednesday night on TLC and my episode is to air on Wednesday, January 15th.  (Check you local listings, and all that.)

If you want to get a taste of what it's all about, visit the website for TLC.  A link is provided below.

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/experimentisland/experimentisland.html

I had really hoped we would get to build a sailboat, but it didn't work out that way.......Maybe next season.

Fair Winds,

Bob Hendrickson
S/V Getaway