size, cloth & price summary Re: [Rhodes22-list] Doyle UPS sails

Mary Lou Troy mltroy@netreach.net
Fri, 03 Jan 2003 19:30:37 -0500

Ed,
Last fall we were quoted 200 sq ft. and 1.5 oz cloth by Doyle City Island
(Long Island) at price of $900 - 10% if we ordered it at Annapolis. I
believe Jay got the same quote at the show.

I don't know what Tom Deliberto paid for his sail but it was made by Doyle
City island and is 240 sq. ft and .9 oz cloth.

Mark Kaynor got a quote that was higher than we got at Annapolis from Doyle
in NC for a sail that matches Toms in size and weight.

I haven't had a chance to go back to Doyles literature on the sail to try
to figure out which might be best but my gut feeling would be to go with
the bigger sail and lighter cloth like Tom's.

Anybody else out there get a quote?

Mary Lou