[ham] [Rhodes22-list] Questions

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 08:51:42 -0500

Bob,
    Nice understandable explanation.
                                  Ed K

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Robert Quinn
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 6:16 PM
To: jbconnolly@speakeasy.net; The Rhodes 22 mail list
Subject: Re: [ham] [Rhodes22-list] Questions

Jim:  I have an '86 Rhodes so my motor lift does not go above the stern.
therefore have to tilt my engine (extra long shaft) to get it out of the
water when sailing.  I have rigged a bridle and three to one pulley
assembly
which permits me to do this from the cockpit without having to extend
over
the back of the boat to haul the engine up.  Makes the job a snap. The
original motor mount was reinforced to handle the extra weight of the
Yamaha
9.9.

Yes, with the standard furler you have to drop the mast to change
foresails.
We have a 150 Genoa and for where we sail, I am not displeased with the
fact
that I cannot change sails.  We just furl as necessary and we can also
bring
the sheets inside the outers and lowers if necessary to get some
pointing
advantage.  While you may lose a bit of performance by furling the
headsail
in this fashion, we again, do not feel this is significant to our
cruising
type of sailing.  We are not racers but if there is another boat in the
area, well...  We find that we can hold our own against most boats in
this
size category and manage to give some of the larger boats a run for
their
money.

Best of luck with your decision.

Bob on the "NoKaOi"