[Rhodes22-list] Bimini Top Mount - Track vs. Fixed

Robert Quinn rjquinn@bellsouth.net
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 19:30:19 -0500

Our experience with the Bimini is the same as Roger's - the fixed mount is
the most flexible and we find that we can enter and leave the cockpit with
no problem.  We do board at the bow.  Generally one of us enters the boat
and the other passes any "goodies" to the other.  As we are in a slip the
passing is generally done into the cockpit between the Bimini arms.

Another item that the PO had on our boat was a canvas "wall" which laces to
the stern rail.  Acts like a wind scoop and helps keep the boat facing the
wind.  Also gives a degree of privacy in the cockpit.

Bob on the "NoKaOi"