[Rhodes22-list] steaming lights

Alex Bell alexbell@coastalnet.com
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 16:29:20 -0500

Bill,

Your are correct that the "steaming light" can be mounted a small
distance above the stern and bow lights. Have you considered doing what
a lot of power boats do with the stern lights, which is use a removable
pole that plugs into a deck fitting to mount the "on demand" light? This
could be a very simple installation, and not require putting holes in
the mast. Then again, a mast track could be useful for other things.

With the new and improved LED lights, the masthead, all around anchor
light could be one of those battery powered (AA batteries last over 20
hours on one model) and hoisted up the mast by hayyard. That would
eleminate wires in the mast for most people who only occasionally anchor
out at night.

Alex