[Rhodes22-list] docking skills and etiquette.

Bill Berner bberner@optonline.net
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 22:51:57 -0500

I have a slightly different, and until now thought was standard, feeling
about offers of assistance from the dock.

It is that if I don't know the person on the dock, and he isn't an
alleged pro (working a gas dock or for a charterer), than I have no idea
if they have any idea of what they are doing.

The jerk you see screwing up docking in his own boat on the water may be
the same person who is offering to help with your lines.

In short, my response to a stranger - thanks but no thanks.

Bill Berner
191 South Broadway
Hastings on Hudson, NY  10706

v 914 478 2896