[Rhodes22-list] Combination Of Sharp Turn To Port +SingleHandedDocking

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:40:08 -0500

Rummy,
      I have been wondering about all this too, when under motor I have
not had these problems.  Just idle in slow, grab the first line and wrap
it around my port winch, works fine.  And when there is a gentle breeze
and not a lot of traffic, I like the challenge of sailing in.
                                 Ed K

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of
R22RumRunner@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 6:49 PM
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Combination Of Sharp Turn To Port
+SingleHandedDocking

Slim,
I'm sorry, but throwing a bucket overboard and dropping your ladder to
slow
down sounds rather silly to me. If the motor is sized and proped
correctly
you wouldn't have that problem in the first place. Hell, why not just
throw
the anchor out while your at it? The R22 has a hull speed which is
easily
reached with many different hp ratings. Beyond that it takes a great
deal of
power to go much faster which I believe is a tremendous waste of
gasoline. I
still maintain that the 9.9 is to much engine and weighs to much for the

advantages you all profess......yes call me stubborn, but I don't have
the
problems you all experience and I have to make a 180 to make it to my
dock in
rather tight quarters.
The 8hp Tohatsu must have a slower idol speed and a better prop matched
for
my needs than some of you have.

Rummy