[Rhodes22-list] Taxes, Politics, & Fables

Bill Effros bill@effros.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:50:21 -0500

Paul,

Keep those fables coming!

Here in Greenwich, Ct. my neighbors and I can't believe how many people seem
to be willing to pay our taxes for us!  Tax law revisions don't change the
total amount that must be collected to pay for what the government spends,
they only change the proportions of who pays how much.  So if our taxes go
down, somebody else's taxes are going up.

So far, Mr. Bush has already saved most of us, here in Greenwich, literally
millions of dollars in taxes.  Each.  The "Death Tax" fable worked like a
charm.

Now we get to belly up to the trough yet again, with the "Double Taxation"
fable.  Make no mistake, most of our money has never been taxed even once.
We are among the four diners who have always eaten for nothing, because
under the current tax law system we have been able to show the other
diners that we are the poorest by repeatedly deferring our income from one
year to the next. (We can do that because we don't take home
regular paychecks--according to our tax returns we don't earn a cent.)

The only problem is that, eventually, we stand to get hit with a tax that is
actually proportional to what we have earned.  But no!  Fables to the
rescue!  It worked once--could it possibly work again?  If this tax law
revision passes as proposed, neither we, nor our families, may ever have to
pay
federal taxes on most of the money we have earned so far in our entire
lives!  We can dine for nothing forever!

Thank you, thank you, thank you,

Bill Effros