[Rhodes22-list] Taxes, Politics, & Fables

Rik Sandberg sanderico@earthlink.net
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:57:20 -0600

Same disclaimer as everyone else.....delete if not interested.

Ahh....the ever controversial Bill

I hope this truly was said "tongue in cheek". If not, then you and your
neighbors have much to be proud of.

It's things like this, that make me favor doing away with personal income
tax altogether and instituting a pure sales tax, with an exemption for the
basic staples in the grocery store and a few other things like maybe
clothing (conservative) and medical care (non-elective). With a system like
this, if one insists on having the fancy and expensive things normally
associated with the rich, he pays the taxes that should be assessed from the
rich. Those who choose to live conservatively and save for later, or are
unable to do more than "just get by" would pay very little, just as they
should. But there's one thing that's for sure, no matter what you make....as
soon as you spend big money, you pay big taxes.

Spoken as someone who contributes his fair share and the shares of a few
others too.

Probably contributing to the eventual blow-up, but...........oh well.

Rik