[Rhodes22-list] Another Topic - Hardware for Winter Refit

Eaton, Gil GEaton@IKON.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:04:36 -0500

        Hi all,
        I have a list of head scratchers, this is my first winter with
"Closing Time", a 1993 recycle.  A few questions on some things I am working
on.  I talked with Stan first, he suggested the "list".
    1.  Front Window Cover batten:  one is split, probably mashed with my
big foot.  Tried a batten from BoatUS, but seems to have a memory.  Any
sources?
    2.  Spreader Bracket Washers:  the two I have are split and mashed (not
with my foot, I think..), appear to be white plastic of some sort.  Will a
shaved nylon shoulder washer work?
    3.  Pulpit bases. The ones I have are corroded, any specs,
recommendations would be appreciated.  It would be nice to replace with
316SS with the same hole pattern.
    4.  Bottom Paint:  Stan used Petit Trinidad, wonder if I can get by with
another year?  How do you tell?

    I wish the weather would warm up a bit, but it's too cold to work
outside on the electric panel rewire.  High is freezing, low around 20.
Hoping for some snow!
    gil

Gil Eaton
S/V Closing Time