Fw: [Rhodes22-list] Hey Brad, did you get any snow?

matejcea@bellsouth.net matejcea@bellsouth.net
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:50:15 -0600

Hey guys,
we got alot of snow for here. Started at 0630 at my place
by the lake. Guess it came from the southwest, so the nursing
home called me at 0600 (no snow at my house) to see whether
I would OK an ambulance trip for my woman who meeded
blood at the hospital.
Now, I am acutely sensitive to the cost of this to medicare and
nixed it with an authoritative nasty tone. After all, the ambulance is
needed for emergency and not for routine procedures. Sure nuf,
when I was on my way two minutes later, it was coming down like
crazy and getting very hazardous....even for a tough MN gal like
me! Boy, did I feel guilty, for this gal is 88 and her daughter who was
driving was 72! OOPs! /But gee, the abuse of the system just gets
my goat. Daughter made such a big deal that no one could take her on
Friday that I personally drew the blood and took it out of my way by
40 miles last night so the type and crossmatch would be done by the
time she got there today on the only day the dtr could transport her.
Plus, the woman was short of breath because of her low hemoglobin, so
it was urgent, but not emergent.
It is a political every day thing I have to attend to to keep our national
budget within reason. I deal with this junk every day!
Sorry to whine on ys'all...but you were on the subject!
Anne