[Rhodes22-list] not sure if it's a joke, but I'm not the author.

Alex Bell alexbell@coastalnet.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:37:30 -0500

I have been guilty of looking at others my own age and thinking...surely
cannot look that old.  I'm sure you've done the same......You may enjoy
this
short story....

While waiting for my first appointment in the reception room of a new
dentist, I noticed his certificate, which bore his full name. Suddenly,
remembered that a tall, handsome boy with the same name had been in my
high
school class some 40 years ago. Upon seeing him, however, I quickly
discarded any such thought. This balding, gray-haired man with the
deeply
lined face was too old to have been my classmate.

After he had examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended the local
high school.

"Yes," he replied.

"When did you graduate?" I asked.

He answered, "In 1957."

"Why, you were in my class!" I exclaimed.

He looked at me closely and then asked, "What did you teach?"