[Rhodes22-list] Boat antenna

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:05:10 -0800 (PST)

This is about boating!  Repeat, this is a question
about the R-22.

The "dark side", brand X, the ugly brown guys just
delivered some stuff from BoatUS including a
Shakespeare "squatty" antenna and the antenna type
windex.  The antenna doesn't have any instructions
with it.  Before I get out the pliers and go into the
destruction mode, does anyone know if the tip of the
antenna screws off to install the windex or does the
whole thing screw off from the base?  My mast has an
existing mount installed but it appears to be too far
from the top of the mast for the windex to move freely
(about 3 to 6").  Has anyone used a spacer below the
base of the antenna or on top of the base for windex
clearance?

Brad Haslett