[Rhodes22-list] R. M. Nixon

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 17:40:41 -0500

Alex,

Well things may have changed but you can bet that if Clinton had been nailed
ordering criminal break ins and then coverups he would have been out on his
ass as well.

The way I see it Nixon broke criminal law for his own political gain.
Afterward he then tried to clean the whole thing up telling lies and erasing
tapes. It also turns out that he was probably quite a bigot; at least that
is how he comes off in the recents tapes that were released.

Clinton's Presidential problems were more related in my mind to low morals
and a high sex drive. He also lied to the country as well. There was
Whitewater but that was before he was president and besides nothing really
stuck.

So who had the worst ethics, or more importantly whos ethics did more harm
to the ocuntry? Is it worse for the President to cheat on his wife and lie
or for the President to break into politcal opponents office and lie? In my
mind Nixon ethics created more problems for the country by a long shot.

Who was the better president? Well if you judge a president by the state of
the country during their tenure I would say Clinton did a better job. I
think Nixon could of been a great leader but he always struck me as a sick
man. I got a feeling if Nixon could of gotten any strange he would have.
Having to deal with Viet Nam didn't help either.

Am I imagining this or was Nixon on Laugh In once saying "sock it to me"? I
used to love that show!

Wally