[Rhodes22-list] R. M. Nixon

Alex Bell alexbell@coastalnet.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 17:59:50 -0500

Wally,

Nixon didn't order break ins. He was a party to the cover up. He was not
aware of the plans to break into the Democratic National HQ. That was
the result of John Dean and several others who were pulling the strings.
I think Nixon needed to resign, but so should Clinton.

As for the worst ethics in office, that has to go to Lyndon Johnson who
took 50 thousand "advisor" troops and managed to multiply that number by
10 in Vietnam. He also had the ability to pick the worst advisors, like
Robert McNamara. They refused to let the military leadership do their
job, and interfered with their ability to do their job. Results! Go look
at the wall. It's a somber reminder of what Johnson did. Now there's the
guy that "socked it to us". Don't know if Nixon was ever on Laugh IN.
But I remember the slogan. "Don't change Dicks in the middle of a screw,
vote for Nixon in 72".

That was a bad time for someone to determine how good the job of
leadership might have been. I recall the economy was in such a dumper
that we had wage and price controls, and things were not going well for
the country. The Vietnam thing was an anchor dragging us down. Nixon did
work magic in foreign relations. It was the domestic policies that
caused him grief.

Alex