[Rhodes22-list] Whisker Pole and or Spinnaker Pole

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 16:15:30 -0500

Jay:
         I installed a block about =BE the way up the mast for the
Spinnaker Pole toping lift.  I also have a spinnaker bail with block
that can move about for a forward type sail (like my spinnaker).  The
spinnaker bail is a part readily available from Dwyer.  My extra sheave
is still available, because I wanted the pole block to be away from all
other lines, halyards, etc.
	All the instructions were given to me over the list last spring,
from Roger, Michael, Capt Bob, and others.  The part # for the spinnaker
boom was again on the list a few months ago. =20
	Before I would use the extra sheave for a light weight sail, I
would get a device like Tom=92s restrainer, because lightweight sails =
can
get tangled in lines very quickly.  Been there, done that. There is no
way that a Sunday sailor like me would run a lightweight sail that close
to the line for the Genoa.

But see attachment and:
  http://www.kaynor.org/raven/

However, I can=92t find the Dwyer part # for the bail.

                                      Ed K

Ed-
Since you brought up the topic of topping lift, I have to ask...
Since I'm using the two sheaves at the top of the mast for 1) topping=20
lift for my boom, and 2) for my whisker pole, how have others done or=20
recommend a halyard for use with an additional sail, such as the UPS?=20
Snap block to a strap below? Can this take the load? I didn't remember=20
seeing anything in the photo gallery.
Jay

An embedded message was scrubbed...