[Rhodes22-list] Sailing questions

Wally Buck tnrhodey@hotmail.com
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 09:13:33 -0500

Bruce,

Regarding jib sheets -

As you found out; if you want to point high move sheets inside the outer
shroud. Off the wind I always move it outside. I am not sure of any way
around this. You will get used to this.

Anchors - I sail inland waters mostly in good weather and don't use my
anchor much. For quick stops I like to use a light anchor, makes pulling up
much easier.  I also pull up from the bow, even when I single hand. If I am
going to motor away I will have the motor started and in idle. If I am
sailing away I just raise anchor then unfurl sails. I use a heavier anchor
for overnights. Most times I don't even anchor for lunch stops. I just park
in a wide open area, furl sails and float.

I have a Harken furler as well. I will be rigging my boat for a spinnaker in
  a few weeks. I don't have a halyard style boom topping lift, I am assuming
this will allow me to use a spinnaker halyard. I also have a block on mast
for topping lift but I can't remember exact height.

Wally