[Rhodes22-list] Show me the beef.

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 10:18:17 -0800 (PST)

I hope MJM is right on this; Powell shows up at the UN
at the last minute with "smoking gun" evidence.  On
the other hand, the UN has proven to be a "toothless"
organization on so many issues one can argue we don't
need their approval anyway.  If the need is
demonstrated to go in I hope we follow Wally's advice.
 What I fear most is that after were through we'll
follow a familiar pattern of declaring victory and
going home pre-maturely. We let the Soviets have the
Eastern Bloc in Europe and the Communists take China
at the end of WW2 and that started the Cold War. If
we're not prepared for a long term presence in Iraq
we'll create a power vacuum with God knows what long
term consequence.  As I said before, I don't think GW,
Powell, Chaney, Rumsfeld, Rice & Company are showing
us all their cards.  It sure as hell is a high stakes
game!

Brad Haslett