[Rhodes22-list] Doyle City Island pricing on the UPS sail (long)

Mary Lou Troy mltroy@netreach.net
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:04:13 -0500

We now have pricing from Doyle for the UPS sail. Basically they will treat
us as a club. We'll have a page on their website and we'll get the club
price at any time as long as we stick to the basic parameters that we've
worked out. The layout is a full radial "captured star" layout and there is
a palette of  8 colors though I've asked about more colors. The price
includes the sail, the Harken furler, the padeye, the halyard restrainer
and lightweight sheets.

Below is the text of 2 messages from Paul Beaudin of Doyle City Island
explaining the price and the details.

I have two .pdf (Adobe) attachments I can send you if you want to see it
before they get up on the web page at Doyle.  One is a drawing and
description of the sail, the other is a faxable order form. Let me know if
you want them but note that there might be a couple of changes to the final
documents.

I'm leaving tomorrow for Nashville and will have limited computer access
over the next week but Fred and I are stopping at the Kaynors and I know
they have a computer ;-) so I will check in but for the most part I'll have
to play catch up when I get back.

We still have a question about colors (I've asked if we can have more and
if there are colors anywhere that we can look at). If you have other
questions for Doyle that you think would be of interest to the whole group,
you can email me and I'll pass them along to Paul and then the answers back
to the list.

While I've done most of the posting on this Jay Friedland did a lot of the
legwork. Jay is off to Chicago to Strictly Sail so say "Hi" and "Thanks" if
you see him.

Here is message #1 from Doyle:
"Hi Rhodes 22 Owners,
Here is the UPS Power Sail Deal.
It includes the Sail using a .9oz Nylon with a Center Star 3 Color Layout,
Harken Furler, Halyard Restrainer , Deck Padeye, Light Weight Sheets and a
Bag for $975.00 plus $20.00 Shipping.
This Price is available through the owners association and good anytime, but
expect a long lead-time should you wait to order into spring.

Attached are the PDF Information Sheet and Order Form. We will have this on
our site shortly, but please post as you wish until the pages are up.

Thanks for being sailors

Paul Beaudin
Senior Sail Consultant
Doyle Sailmakers