[Rhodes22-list] Anchor rode fairleads

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Tue Jul 1 09:14:48 EDT 2003

Bob,

I found that article in the January 2003 issue of Practical Sailor. There's
a company named JHRG that makes products made of ultra high molecular weight
polyethylene (UHMW-PE), a.k.a. Spectra or Dynema. They make flak jackets,
bullet proof vests, etc. with the stuff.  In an effort to minimize downtime
between government contracts, they started researching new lines. Among
these are mildew- and rot-proof canvas buckets and various sizes of anchor
rode and dock line anti-chafe sleeves. The article said they were offering
them to Practical Sailor readers for $14.95 for the chafe guards and $29.95
for the buckets.

JHRG
800-849-4997
www.hsarmor.com