[Rhodes22-list] Caution! Computer On Board

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Thu Jul 10 23:16:34 EDT 2003

I'm planning to bring a computer on board for the first time this summer.

I have a laptop with an Aircard750 and unlimited internet service from T-Mobile.

I assume it must be possible to run charting programs and an autopilot off the laptop.  Has anyone done this?

I assume wireless instruments that send readings to the laptop should be available.  Are they?

What is the best way to power a laptop if you have plenty of 12V DC power available?

Does anyone use the XP synchronization function?

Bill Effros