[Rhodes22-list] Dislodged mast base plate

David Walker david.walker5 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 11 13:04:43 EDT 2003

MJM - could you update my email on the list as Comcast took it upon
themselves to change everyones address?

I second MJM.  I had to remount my tabernacle this spring as I did the
dreaded mast lowering without disconnecting the pop top.

Before filling with thickened epoxy, try to undercut the core from under the
top laminate  a little.  This gives the new epoxy more strength to stay in.
I replaced with the same size machine screws (not sheet metal), drilling and
tapping the holes.  Its a nice touch to counter sink the hole before tapping
as this keeps the gel coat from cracking.

I bedded the holes and the entire surface of the tabernacle with BoatLife
caulk.  Its what I have come to use for all bedding and caulking above the
WL.

Dave Walker