[Rhodes22-list] Stupid people tricks

John Tonjes johntonjes at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 16 14:07:19 EDT 2003

All right people, I've been biting my tongue all morning, but I have
finally reached the point of no return. Apparently some of the list members
have forgotten the check list of things to make sure operate and that they
know how to operate PRIOR to launching. The term "dumber than a sack of
hammers" comes to mind, but I don't want to start a flaming war or anything
over this.
After all, this IS boating and certain skills are required and safety items
need to be reviewed prior to setting out for the season. Having a properly
maintained outboard is certainly one of those items.
Roger's statement that the 2 stroke plugs fouled out because the motor was
cavitating and purchasing a four stroke solved that problem is bunk. The
only reason the four stroke doesn't foul is because of the longer shaft. It
stays in the water allowing the engine to cool properly. If the four stroke
were to cavitate as much as the 2 stroke,  I guarantee you that it would
also foul and probably seize. Engines, whether they be 2 stroke or 4 stroke
don't like to run hot.
I am now stepping down from the soap box.

Rummy

August