[Rhodes22-list] new to list/ bilge pump

David Walker david.walker5 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 18 22:57:15 EDT 2003

The usual wisdom in plumbing a bilge pump is top use a check valve or better
yet a syphon break by means of a vented loop in the discharge line.  This
keeps water from syphoning back into the boat if the pump turns on while you
are on a port tack and the drain through hull is under water.  But since you
are connnecting the pump to the sink drain, the opening in the drain
funtions as a vent and syphoning is impossible anyway.

Dave Walker