[Rhodes22-list] Another Danforth question

Ronald Lipton lipton at sprynet.com
Tue Jul 22 11:22:46 EDT 2003

The first time I had to anchor, with the standard setup - anchor
on bow holder chain and rode in tray - it was a nightmare.
Off a lee shore with a failed motor I had to set up the
anchor quickly in case we could not beat off.
It took forever to attach the chain and remove the anchor and
it distracted me from sailing the boat.
Yes - I should have tried in a practice situation before
really needing to anchor.  I now keep it in the lazarette with the
chain and rode in a bag.

Ron