[Rhodes22-list] Another Danforth question

Christine Allison sailnut at asan.com
Tue Jul 22 12:48:50 EDT 2003

<  I now keep it in the lazarette with the
> chain and rode in a bag.>

Can you coil your line so it will run free without snarl's?  I feed the
chain end of the rode from the rode tray in the bow, out the ventilator and
keep it shackled to the anchor.  I have done this for years and NEVER had
the rode foul.

Another point... most of the time things move slowly on a sailboat.  If you
suspect the possibility of a hazardous situation coming get set up before
the immediate MUST is at hand.  I always try to think out my options when a
challenging situation is in the offing.

Richard Smith