[Rhodes22-list] I'm Confused Was (Stupid People Tricks)

Christine Allison sailnut at asan.com
Tue Jul 22 12:31:23 EDT 2003

There is no reason why a light weight diesel for marine use could not be
developed.

Such engines (for model aircraft) have been available for decades.

I might add that these two stroke engines although just as powerful and at
least twice as fuel efficient as a spark ignition engine spit fuel all over
the place.

A four stroke light weight diesel could be constructed but issues of price,
the difficulty of cranking it by hand and the vulnerability of the injectors
to contamination would not make this a particularly attractive proposition.

What we really need is a purpose built sailboat motor like the old British
Seagull's

Richard Smith