[Rhodes22-list] Catalina22 vs R22

Saroj saroj at pathfind.net
Sat Jul 26 11:22:51 EDT 2003

I live in Williamsburg, VA - just 2 hours northwest of Edenton.  I have an
'84.  You'd be welcome to come have a sail with me, but Stan is the best and
it makes sense economically and to avoid hassles to buy new or reconditioned
Rhodes directly from him.

Comparing a Catalina22 to a Rhodes22 is like apples to oranges though IMO.
The Rhodes is not mass produced.  It is built like a brick sh*t house.  Very
well designed.  Very hardy.  Much safer (heavier keel/centerboard; heavier
boat altogether + the positive floatation foam fore and aft).  Fast and
nimble.  Yet comfortable for the occasional overnighter.

Give me a shout if you are in the area.  If you are south of Edenton, I
believe there are some Rhodies in/near New Bern, N.C.

Saroj