[Rhodes22-list] caution boom fittings

anima anima13 at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 28 06:35:43 EDT 2003

I am late to this thread, but yes, you can pry the spoool off.
I had to do it yesterday when my genoa chafed at the top!
Was our best wind day so far this year and suddenly my window
(on genoa) was gone. There I was with 175 out!
had my guest tiller while I gathered up the 175 against the wind.
Removed the screws and in 95 heat in the protected marina, pried
that spool off so that I could pull the sail down out of it. Guess i
will have to get the marina to lower my mast (I don't have "the
system") so I can put the sail back on.
Anne