[Rhodes22-list] Tires

John Tonjes johntonjes at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 29 07:53:56 EDT 2003

Ed,
Inflating tires beyond the manufacturers recommended pressures is very dangerous. Just because state troopers do it is no reason to do it on our trailer tires. Over inflation raises the amount of heat generated by the tire going down the road. This is as bad as under inflation and will add to the early demise of the tires. Radial tire sidewalls are built for the weight they are rated to. The flex is normal and that's why we all drive with radial tires......for the smooth ride. Bias ply tires have a rigid side wall which does not flex much and gives a harsher ride. Look at the ratings on the side of the tire and follow the manufacture's specifications. Anything else just doesn't make sense.

Rummy

John Tonjes
johntonjes at earthlink.net
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.