[Rhodes22-list] another rudder problem

Bill Berner bberner at optonline.net
Tue Jun 3 00:43:33 EDT 2003

I think I can define the stopper thingy.

It is a piece of Stainless Steel about 6" and 1" long that is bent to about
a 15 degree angle.  The short segment is drilled for 2 screws.

It is mount above the transom above the lower gudgeon.

The idea is that it will keep the pintle from rising up out of the gudgeon.

When you want to remove the rudder, you push the bent part towards the
transom until it clears the pintle, then lift out the rudder.

I think they are intended for dinghys, not boats as large as the roads.

I have one, and it's pretty worthless.

I am a great beleiever in the hose clamp theory.

BB

Bill Berner
191 South Broadway
Hastings on Hudson, NY  10706