[Rhodes22-list] Biminis on tracks

Bill Berner bberner at optonline.net
Thu Jun 5 15:20:04 EDT 2003

Last year we got a bimini from GB.

I'm interested in mounting it on a track, in the hopes that I'll be able to
slide it forward some in order to make it easier to sit up on the gunnels
when the boat is heeled over.  As set now it is really in the way, and also
a bit in the way of the genoa sheets if the fairleads are set close to the
winches.

So my question is - anybody else got theirs on tracks.  Do you use the genoa
lead car track, and if so with what hardware.  Do you use a separate bimini
track outboard or inboard of the genoa track?

As Rumsfeld said, there are things we know, things we know we don't know,
and things we don't know that we don't know.  Applies to me with this
question.  All help appreciated.

Thanks.

BB

Bill Berner