[Rhodes22-list] Leaks

Saroj saroj at pathfind.net
Fri Jun 6 11:01:25 EDT 2003

I just got back from the boat and saw that the thru hull from the sink drain is leaking.  I cut off the shabby end of the hose and reclamped it only to find that it is leaking right at the hull where the thru-hull fitting goes thru.  Is the remedy for this to remove the thru-hull (it is above the waterline); lay down a bedding/caulking substance and then reinstall the thru-hull fitting?  Then does it need to be caulked?  Is this something I can reasonably tackly on my own?  What products are best to use?

Thanks,
Saroj