[Rhodes22-list] The best Tow Vehicle (for$5,000)

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 05:33:29 EDT 2003

Chris,

Ditto to what Rummy and Bill said.  At the $5000 level
you will find most of the pickups to be near the end
of their service life or pretty badly beaten up.
There is always a market for work trucks and its very
difficult to find a good one at the lower end of the
range.  On the other hand, you would be suprised at
how nice a van you can purchase in that dollar range.
Ten year old custom vans with a lot of miles left in
them can be bought in the $5000 range.  They make nice
x-country travel vehicles, if not a bit expensive on
fuel, but anything that pulls the boat well will suck
down some gas. Try and get a 3/4 ton model and the
longest wheelbase offered.  Most urban areas have
several on the market at any one point in time and
many have been "housewife" driven with fairly low
milege.  Do a search on autotraderonline.com and see
what comes up in your area.

Brad