[Rhodes22-list] Politics: Military Death and Accident Stats

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 07:24:01 EDT 2003

Wally,

That's exactly why I never had any desire to fly
helicopters; 1 - they are constantly trying to shake
themselves apart and 2 - I don't want to fly anything
that the pilot can't explain how it works in two
sentences or less.  Ninety percent plus of the
guys/gals I fly with are ex Navy/Airforce/Marine
pilots with about thirty per cent or so still in a
Guard or Reserve unit.  The primary training accident
rate is pretty high.  It goes down quite a bit from
there except for the fighter community. That being
said,  I lost a good friend last year that survived 20
years flying an F4 fighter,  then killed himself and
his wife by flying his private plane into his brothers
barn in Indianna.  Go figure!

Brad