[Rhodes22-list] Politics -- Tail Hook

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 10:17:03 EDT 2003

Wally,

Tail Hook was a male dominated, testosterone filled
(read fighter pilot) enviroment with a long history
and tradition.[ Note: non testosterone-filled fighter
pilots seldom make it through training much less
battle.] NO sane and rational woman attended that
didn't know on the front end what it was about.  The
primary female complaintant was willingly
participating in the "leg shaving" revelry the
previous night.  She got pissed the following night
because one of her previous  paramours "rolled in on a
new target" to use fighter pilot jargon.  I'm not
saying there wasn't some innapproapriate behaviour, or
some males didn't "cross the line", but Congressman
Pat Schroeder and her henchmen/henchwomen? blew the
whole thing out of proportion.  A lot of good men who
weren't anywhere near that Las Vegas hotel lost their
jobs because it happened under their watch.

Tail Hook got the attention it did because it was good
press for the polititions who needed to show they were
in touch with PC crowd.  Most frat parties are more
exciting.

Brad

=== message truncated ===