[Rhodes22-list] Solar panels, regulator revisited

Bob Keller r22yankeeclipper at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 25 16:58:08 EDT 2003

Jay,
I think Rummy covered it pretty well, except that we did hook up the charge
controller between both panels and both batteries.  I also purchased two new
batteries (group 25, I think) of the same size.  Before I had one battery
larger than the other and one newer than the other, (another General Boats
design).  The factory panels are supposed to have diodes in them, but I feel
better having the charge controller.  The batteries are still new so it's
too soon to tell, but the charge on both has never varied.

As for the charge controller, I used the 7 amp controller, not the 21 amp.
The 7 amp is only $29.99.
Bob K