[Rhodes22-list] the rhodes 22 in Colorado

Wally Buck tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 25 17:26:45 EDT 2003

Tom,

Welcome to the list, as Doug pointed out check out the Rhodes web site for
lot of good info.  I love my Rhodes 22; I purchased a used 84 about 18
months ago. It is a great little cruiser and packs a bunch of features in a
22 footer. What kind of tow vehicle do you have? You will need something
that can handle about 4500 pounds or so (boat+trailer+gear). It launches and
retrieved fairly easy but I keep mine in a slip year yound. I have only had
to launch twice. The first time took me two hours, the second time about an
hour. If you are considering IMF (it is great) I would get the GB hoist
system. I can raise and lower the mast solo without any problem.

I sail mine on inland lakes but would not hesitate to go coastal cruising.
Many on thislist cruise LI Sounds and coastal waters of FL. The boat is well
built. I have not had a single thing break in the 18 months I have owned
mine. I sail almost two or three times a week just about year round. The IMF
main is awesome! If you have any specific questions just ask.

Wally, Knoxville TN