[Rhodes22-list] Mast Mounting Hardware

Steve rhodes2282@yahoo.com
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 08:25:01 -0800 (PST)

I was watching this discussion but never saw a clear
way to get an extra halyard up the mast

I have already done Roger way of deadending a topping
lift from the backside of the masthead.  I just use a
longer bolt where the backstay attach; slid on a SS
fiting that allowed for a thimble and bouble nut the
bolt.  I use a pulley/with cam cleat at the end of the
boom for adjustments.

With a standard mast - I have a main halyard and a
genoa halyard.  I have a schafer furler for my genoa.
These 2 halyard take up the 2 regular halyard
positions.

Just curious if anyone is running a third halyard up
the mast & how it connected.  My masthead has the SS U
bolt type fitting on the front of the masthead but I
have never thought that would hold the forces
involved.  From what I can tell, its held in there by
2 hex screws.
Steve

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200302/22/Restrainer.jpe
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200302/22/TomsRestrainer.gif