[Rhodes22-list] More Newbie Questions

John Tonjes johntonjes@earthlink.net
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 07:13:35 -0500

Jim,
I have a Metz VHF antenna mounted at the top of the mast and use the Windex
AV wind vane that fits on the antenna.

Rummy

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Jim Connolly
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 9:17 PM
To: Rhodes-List; Rhodes 22 List
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] More Newbie Questions

Thanks to the list for all your previous help.

FWIW, regarding motors, I went with a Tohatsu 8 long shaft electric start.
An exhaustive (and exhausting) weighing of multiple factors and costs
resulted in the surprising determination that the most important factor to
my WW was electric start, followed by weight and cost.  Tohatsu beat Nissan
by a nose, based on a good boat show price.

I also ordered my graphics from Rik, and would like to publicly thank him
for his patience through numerous font, color and size changes.

I'm still thinking about the depthsounder.

Now, another question:  What, if anything, do folks use for a masthead wind
vane? Anybody have a close-up photo of the masthead?

I also await news of the IMF MK-II with baited breath.

Jim Connolly