[Rhodes22-list] Tohatsu Booster.

Claude C. Cox cccox@mindspring.com
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 09:28:12 -0600

"soon to be sailing again" on a full pond??
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Tonjes" <johntonjes@earthlink.net>
To: <alexbell@coastalnet.com>; "'The Rhodes 22 mail list'"
<rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 6:32 AM
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Tohatsu Booster.

Alex,
It's not hard being a "Tohatsu" booster, they are a good engine for the
Rhodes. Mine came with the boat when I bought it and I have been happy with
it. There are three R22's on our lake with the Tohatsu 8's and they are all
very happy with them.......including the one wimp with the electric start,
not mentioning any names (Bob Keller).
Rum Runner is back from the boat doctor with a new bottom. After a light
sand blasting to remove the blisters, they applied three coats of Interlux
Interprotect epoxy and then finished it off with three coats of Interlux
micron extra with biolux to ward off the Lake Hartwell slime.
Now, to prevent a long line of questions concerning blisters, the bottom of
my boat was never protected in any way manner or form, not even a coating of
anti-fouling paint. It spent most of 13 years in the water until I pulled it
this late fall for repairs and upgrades. I'm probably the only Rhodes owner
I know of that has had blisters. The repairs were done professionally and I
shouldn't have any problems in the future.

Rummy....soon to be sailing again.