[Rhodes22-list] Re: [rhodes-list] More Newbie Questions

Mary Lou Troy mltroy@netreach.net
Tue, 04 Mar 2003 08:38:08 -0500

Jim,
I think we're in the minority but Fred and I really like the SparFly wind
indicators
http://www.sailnet.com/store/item.cfm?pid=20114

We used to have a Windex indicator but found that it was hard to get the
little wings centered. After a while we decided who needs them? Then we
lost three vanes in short succession to birds trying to perch on them and
breaking them. The Windex vanes are more expensve to replace than the
Spar-Fly and birds don't seem to find the Spar Fly as ready a perch. We
don't have a masthead radio antenna to worry about. We also have tell-tales
on the shrouds and tend to use them as much as we use the masthead indicator.

Mary Lou